Consumer Behaviour and Marketing Research-himalaya
This second edition book on Consumer Behaviour and Marketing Research combines two vital aspects of the field of marketing therein. The book is divided into two parts: (1) Consumer Behaviour and (2) Marketing Research, covering the various facets of consumer behaviour and the steps involved in the marketing research process, respectively. It is an effort on the part of the author to give in the hands of the students at the Post Graduate level, a textbook that covers the subject matter with a blend of the important aspects related to the fields of Consumer Behaviour and Marketing Research.
The book is divided into two parts:
Part 1: Consumer Behaviour and,
Part 2: Marketing Research.
Specific features of the book:
- Usage of simple and easy to understand language throughout the textbook.
- Most of the important concepts and variables involved in consumer behaviour and marketing research are explained citing real and practical examples to facilitate the link with actual situations.
- Every chapter commences with a real case discussion relevant to the concepts to be discussed in the chapter.
- Under ‘Chapter Questions for Discussion’, practical oriented exercises are given to enable the reader get a realistic feel of the picture/situation likely to occur while carrying out a study.
- Each chapter ends with a real case study from the industry and when efforts are made to seek answers to the questions provided, the reader will be able to develop good decision making skills.
PART ONE - CONSUMER BEHAVIOUR
Part I : Introduction & Overview to the Study of Consumer Behaviour
CHAPTER 1: An Introduction to Consumer Behaviour
CHAPTER 2: Consumer Modelling
Part II : Individual Determinants of Consumer Behaviour
CHAPTER 3: Consumer Perception
CHAPTER 4: Consumer Learning
CHAPTER 5: Personality and Lifestyle Influences
CHAPTER 6: Attitude and Behaviour
CHAPTER 7: Motivation
Part III : Social Processes
CHAPTER 8: Demographics, Social Class and Culture
CHAPTER 9: Reference Group Influences
Part IV : Consumer Decision Making, After Sales and Related Issues
CHAPTER 10: Consumer Decision Making
CHAPTER 11: Diffusion of Innovations and Opinion Leadership
CHAPTER 12: Consumer Satisfaction
CHAPTER 13: Relationship Marketing
Part V : Ethics and Application
CHAPTER 14: Consumerism
CHAPTER 15: Market Segmentation
Part VI : Organisational and Online Behaviour
CHAPTER 16: Organisational Buying Behaviour
CHAPTER 17: Online Consumer Behaviour
PART TWO - MARKETING RESEARCH
Part I : Introduction, Decision Support System and Research Design
CHAPTER 1: An Introduction to Marketing Research
CHAPTER 2: Information, Decision Support System and Marketing Decision Support System
CHAPTER 3: REsearch Design and Marketing Research Process
Part II : Data Collection Methods
CHAPTER 4: Sources of Information and Secondary Data Collection
CHAPTER 5: Primary Data Collection
CHAPTER 6: Sampling, Scaling and Attitude Measurement
Part III : Analyzing Data
CHAPTER 7: Editing, Coding and Tabulation of Data
CHAPTER 8: Basic Analysis of Data, Cross Tabulation and Hypothesis Testing
CHAPTER 9: Tests to Analyse Differences
CHAPTER 10: Multivariate Analysis
Part IV : Research Process and Applications of Marketing Research
CHAPTER 11: The Research Process
CHAPTER 12: Traditional Applications of Marketing Research
CHAPTER 13: Popular and Concurrent Applications of Marketing Research
Appendices Selected Statistical Tables