Security Analysis and Portfolio Management-himalaya
This book on Security Analysis and Portfolio Managementhas been written as an introduction to the world of investments. Many changes have place in the investment world. This book has incorporated the developments and has provided as insight into investments with many illustrations and problems. It given the investor choices of different of investments. It explains the importance of risk and return in making investments.
It is a students-friendly book. It explains the concepts with many examples. It provides the latest development in Indian Stock markets. Security Analysis and Portfolio Management has been written to suit requirements of the students of Jawahar Lal Nehru Technical University (JNTU). This book provides an understanding of development in investment in India. The following are some of its important features:
- It describes the investment environment in India.
- It discusses how the primary and Secondary markets function.
- It explains the mechanics of trading in a stock market.
- It provides an insight into valuation of equity shares and bonds.
- Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis and Efficient Market Theory are discussed in detail.
- The portfolio management techniques of portfolio selection have been explained and theories such as portfolio theory, single index model and capital asset pricing models have been discussed.
- The difference between Capital market Line and Security market Line are explained.
- It gives the basic explanation of derivatives like future and options.
- It provides an explanation on managed mutual funds and other investments.
1. Investment Environment
2. Financial Markets and Instruments
3. Securities Markets
Unit-II: Portfolio Theory and Capital Market Theory
4. Risk and Return
5. Portfolio Theories
Unit-III: Fixed Income Securities (Bonds)
6. Bond Analysis, Valuation and Strategies
Unit-IV: Fundamentals and Technical Analysis
7. Equity Analysis, Valuation and Management
8. Security Analysis-Industry and Company Analysis
9. Technical Analysis
10. Efficient Market Theory
Unit-V: Derivatives and Mutual Funds
12. Portfolio Management of Mutual Funds